Celebrate the remarkable legacy of calligrapher Sheila Waters with this special edition of Scripsit. An artistic tribute filled with passion, creativity, and inspiration, this volume offers a heartfelt glance into Sheila's life and work, featuring:
* A touching forward from her son Julian
* Luminous full-color images showcasing her incredible lifelong creations
* Engaging reviews of Sheila's influential books
* Insights directly from Sheila through a 2017 interview, reflective essays, and panel discussion transcripts
* Behind-the-scenes explorations of original works, including Under Milk Wood and Roundel of the Seasons
* A step-by-step journey from sketches to finished masterpieces
Dive into the world of utility, interpretation, expression, bookbinding, and much more as you explore the creative spirit of one of the most renowned figures in calligraphy. This edition of Scripsit isn't just a book – it’s a testament to craftsmanship and a loving homage to a true master.
“The calligraphy world has lost an incomparable giant. It is safe to say her writing, illustration, design, and teaching have somehow touched all of us as scribes, directly or indirectly, whether we know of it or not. It is simply inconceivable that one (or more––or all!) of your sources for calligraphic tutelage or inspiration was not influenced by the long and far-reaching career and output of this extraordinary person.” ––Carol Rohrs, from Introduction by Julian Waters.
Paperback; 40 pages; 8.25" x 10.75"