Supplies will be provided for the first class and I will review the supply list at that time. However, please feel free to bring any calligraphy materials that you already have that you like to use. Suggested supplies; these are things I like and use. There are many others that will work as well.
- Pen nibs (Speedball C1, C2, C3 and Mitchell 2, 3, 3)
- Nib holder (your choice of Speedball plastic OR double-ended nib holder)
- Ruler (an 18-inch clear plastic such as a C-thru or Westcott is nice)
- T-square - (optional) this is very useful if you have or decide to purchase a drawing board with a metal straight edge. I recommend an acrylic edged T-square rather than metal, as there is less chance of getting marks on the paper.
- Mechanical pencil (thin lead is preferred over thick: (0.05)
- Ink - Higgins Eternal OR Pelikan 4001 (Please avoid acrylic inks for now; I prefer that you start with BLACK ink)
- Paper: Borden & Riley #37 Boris marker paper in 11x14 or 14x17 or Paper and Ink Arts Blank Practice pad 11x17
Other useful supplies: A writing surface; it's nice to have something smooth to do your work on such as a piece of foam board larger than your paper. Also a rag or paper towels to clean your nibs, a water container, and removable scotch tape.